HBO extends three-year contract with The Last of Us TV series writers

HBO extends three-year contract with The Last of Us TV series writers

Currently, HBO's "The Last of Us" TV series is in production, and the director has been replaced by Russian post-90s director Kantemir Balagov. Recently, according to foreign media Hollywood Reporter, HBO has extended the overall contract with "The Last of Us" TV series screenwriter and executive producer Craig Mazin for three years.

Craig Mazin, writer and executive producer of The Last of Us TV series

In addition to being the writer and executive producer of The Last of Us TV series, which he is currently developing with game developer Naughty Dog's co-president Neil Druckmann, Craig Mazin is also the creator and producer of HBO's hit series Chernobyl.

Recently, in the Last of Us TV series, Russian director Kantemir Balagov replaced Chernobyl director Johan Renck, who withdrew due to scheduling conflicts. However, details about the adapted TV series are still scarce, and after the news of the series was first released last year, HBO has not yet released a broadcast date and cast lineup. However, Craig Mazin has previously said that The Last of Us TV series will introduce characters and events that do not appear in the game, and will not repeat anything that has already appeared in the existing games.

The Last of Us series was announced by HBO in November last year, and the game's creative director and screenwriter Neil Druckmann will also write the script for the series and serve as producer.

<<:  The circulation of "Jujutsu Kaisen" has exceeded 25 million, and the latest volume will be released on March 4

>>:  Rick actor says The Suicide Squad is both absurd and touching

Recommend

Detailed review and evaluation of the new Girls & Panzer OVA

The appeal and evaluation of the new Girls & ...

Warner Bros.' new CEO will double down on Harry Potter IP

It’s a new day for Warner Bros. Discovery Channel...