Cameron will continue to direct Avatar 4 and 5 unless he is hit by a bus

Cameron will continue to direct Avatar 4 and 5 unless he is hit by a bus

Although only two films have been released in the Avatar series so far, the film is already planned for the fifth film, of which the third film, Avatar: Fire and Ash, has been announced to be released in North America on December 19, 2025. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, director James Cameron talked about the fourth and fifth films of Avatar, and he said that he would continue to direct these two films unless he was hit by a bus.

In the interview, when asked if he had plans to direct the fourth and fifth "Avatar" films himself, James Cameron replied: "Sure. Absolutely. I mean, they'd have to stop me. I've got a lot of energy and I love what I'm doing. Why wouldn't I? By the way, they're already written. I just reread them a month ago. They're all great stories. They've got to be made. Listen, if I were hit by a bus and stuck in an iron lung, someone else would be able to do it."

In addition, James Cameron is also planning the sixth and seventh parts of "Avatar", but he also said that he might not direct these two films because "death will eventually come." James Cameron will be celebrating his 70th birthday in late August this year.

<<:  Halle Berry was interested in playing Storm in Deadpool vs. Wolverine, but was not invited

>>:  James Wan Returns to Ocean to Talk Remake of Creature from the Black Lagoon

Recommend

Chameleon: The appeal and reputation of Minna no Uta

Chameleon - The appeal of Minna no Uta and its ba...

The appeal and reputation of Cabbage UFO: Anime songs that everyone loves

Cabbage UFO - The appeal of Minna no Uta and its ...

The appeal and evaluation of Black Clover Jump Festa version

The appeal and evaluation of Black Clover (Jump F...