Spider-Man 3 director no longer directing Fantastic Four movie

Spider-Man 3 director no longer directing Fantastic Four movie

Spider-Man 3: No Homecoming director Jon Watts will no longer direct the next Fantastic Four movie because he believes he "needs to take a break from superhero movies."

According to Deadline, there is no "contradiction" about Watts' departure

Sony and Spider-Man producers have made it clear that they want Jon Watts, Tom Holland and Zendaya to continue filming Spider-Man. Jon Watts has not officially left the series yet, but if he really wants to leave, it sounds very likely.

"Directing three Spider-Man films has been an amazing and life-changing experience for me," said Watts. "I am so grateful to have been a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the past seven years, and I hope we can work together again. I can't wait to see The Fantastic Four."

Marvel President Kevin Feige said: "It was a real pleasure working with Jon on the Spider-Man movies. We had been looking forward to continuing to work with him to bring the Fantastic Four into the MCU, but we understand and support his withdrawal. We still believe that we can work together again at some point in the future."

Watts will go on to direct and write the Apple Studios film, starring George Clooney and Brad Pitt as hostile "fixers" who "find themselves hired for the same job."

The "New Fantastic Four" movie was officially announced in 2020, but little news has been released since then. In February 2021, Marvel was still looking for a screenwriter for it.

<<:  "The Watergate Bridge at the Changjin Lake" is now available on Youku: members can watch it for free

>>:  Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 swap release dates

Recommend

Tsui Hark's animated film "Human Wars" is to be released soon

Today (March 13), according to the National Film ...

The Story of Footwear and Umbrellas: Reevaluating the Emotion of Everyone's Song

The Story of Footwear and Umbrellas - Hakimonotok...