Kang the Conqueror actor responds to Downey Jr. playing Doctor Doom: Heartbreak

Kang the Conqueror actor responds to Downey Jr. playing Doctor Doom: Heartbreak

Jonathan Majors, who plays Kang the Conqueror, was stopped by reporters on the street and responded to the news that Robert Downey Jr. would return to Marvel to play Doctor Doom. He said he was "heartbroken" about the decision to be replaced, but he still loved the role of Kang the Conqueror and said he was willing to return to play the villain if fans and Marvel wanted.

Majors, who was previously released by Marvel after being convicted of assault and harassment, spoke to TMZ about the news that Downey is playing Doctor Doom and said he was "heartbroken" about it. "Of course, I love him, I love Kang. But Doctor Doom is also evil."

He was then asked about Downey and Ezra Miller's criminal history and what he thought of the two having a chance to return to Hollywood despite having criminal records.

He responded: "I think it's fair that Mr. Downey was treated with patience, curiosity, love, and allowed to continue his art and high level of creativity, and that Mr. Miller was treated the same way. I was not treated that way."

Finally, he was asked if he would like to return to the role of Kang the Conqueror in the future.

"Kang? Sure, sure, sure. I love him. Like I said, I love him. I love Kang, I love Victor Timely, and I love him to stay. Love him. If that's what the fans want. If that's what Marvel wants, then let's do it. Yeah."

On March 25, 2023, Majors was arrested for a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabari, on charges including choking, assault, and harassment. After several delays, Majors was found guilty of assault and harassment, but acquitted of third-degree intentional injury and second-degree aggravated assault. Majors pleaded not guilty to all charges.

He avoided jail time but was sentenced to a year of counseling. In addition, Majors' attorney said, "We are optimistic that Mr. Majors will soon be working in the film industry again." He was originally scheduled to star in Disney's Searchlight Pictures' "Magazine Dreams," but the studio quietly sold the rights to the film and chose not to release it. However, he may soon have his first comeback, as Majors recently starred in Martin Villeneuve's "Ruthless."

"Avengers 5" is scheduled to be released in May 2026.

<<:  Star Wars spin-off series "Star Wars: Skull Crew" new stills children's adventure story

>>:  The second season of Squidward Games 2 will premiere on December 26

Recommend

"In the Summer When the War Ended": A moving story and its reviews

In the Summer When the War Ended - Sensou ga owat...