The preparation of the sci-fi film "Star Trek 4" is at a stalemate and the script progress remains a mystery

The preparation of the sci-fi film "Star Trek 4" is at a stalemate and the script progress remains a mystery

Recently, the highly anticipated sci-fi movie "Star Trek 4" has once again revealed news about its preparations. It is understood that no plot has been revealed so far, and even Simon Pegg, one of the leading actors in the film, is not aware of the progress of the preparations. In other words, this highly anticipated film has fallen into a deadlock in the preparation process.

The person who revealed the news was none other than Simon Pegg. In an interview with the media, he said: "I don't know anything. I think Noah Hawley is a very good screenwriter, and it's exciting that he's writing Star Trek. But the situation right now is that I don't know whether we're still actors in the film. According to the current situation, I even feel that anything written by Noah Hawley is not Star Trek 4." Judging from what Simon said, the preparations for Star Trek 4, the progress of the script, and the selection of actors are indeed a mystery.

Earlier reports said that the film might lose several of its leading actors due to salary issues. Because the production cost of "Star Trek Beyond" was $190 million, and the global box office was only $343 million, Paramount suffered heavy losses. Therefore, the producers can only save money by "cutting costs". However, the agents of Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth insisted that Paramount must fulfill the salary amount in the signed contract. Both sides are unwilling to give in, so "Star Trek 4" is likely to lose these two leading actors. However, this seems impossible, after all, Chris Pine plays the most indispensable Captain Kirk in the film. It remains to be seen how the situation will develop.

In April 2018, Star Trek 4 confirmed that female director SJ Clarkson would direct the film. However, this decision was opposed by Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth. After a period of back and forth, Noah Hawley became the director and screenwriter of the film. This filmmaker who has directed the series Fargo and Swarm, and directed and wrote Lucy in the Sky, is a good choice. However, from the current situation, whether he can carry out the Star Trek 4 project to the end is still an unknown.

Star Trek is one of the most famous science fiction film and television series in the world. It is produced by Paramount Pictures and currently has 6 TV series, 1 cartoon and 13 movies. There is no exact release date for Star Trek 4.

<<:  Domestic films account for more than 60% of the box office! The total box office of national films in 2019 exceeded 64.2 billion

>>:  Jackie Chan: I have been in the industry for 60 years and have worked hard for 60 years. I still want to continue

Recommend

Marvel announces six prequel comics for the Marvel Avengers game

Today (September 11), Marvel released a new comic...

Rem cheongsam modeling figure starts pre-sale at 16,800 yen

The "Rem cheongsam ver. 1/7 size figure"...

Kung Fu Panda 4 will be released on March 8, 2024

Universal Pictures officially announced that &quo...

Captain America 4: Brave New World: Red Hulk appears in new trailer

At the D23 Expo in Brazil, Marvel released a new ...

The appeal and reviews of Nyankoi!: The harmony of cat ears and youth

Nyankoi! - The charm of a romantic comedy about a...

JT STUDIO launches Bull Demon King/Red Boy creative doll set priced at 2680 yuan

JT STUDIO, a Taiwanese model brand that focuses o...

A Day in Chameko's Life: A look into the unique characters and charm of the story

A day in the life of Chameko ■ Public Media theat...