It is said that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will start filming next year. Will Thor join the cast?

It is said that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will start filming next year. Will Thor join the cast?

After Disney and Marvel changed their minds and agreed that James Gunn would return to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3, the progress of the film has been significantly accelerated. According to the latest news, the film will start shooting in 2020, much earlier than the previously rumored February 2021.

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" was originally scheduled to be released in May 2020. Later, Gun was fired and rehired. During this period, he joined the new DC film "Suicide Squad 2" which will be released in August 2021 (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 regards it as a reboot of "Suicide Squad"). Therefore, the industry has always believed that the filming of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" will have to wait until at least 2021, but according to the latest news from "The Hollywood Reporter", "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" will start shooting soon next year.

Considering that "Suicide Squad 2" will be shot this fall and released on August 6, 2021. James Gunn is likely to start the preparatory work for "Guardians of the Galaxy 3" at the same time. Once "Suicide Squad 2" enters the post-production stage, it will be time to start shooting "Guardians of the Galaxy 3" non-stop.

Currently, the cast of "Suicide Squad 2" is being finalized, with new Portuguese actress Daniela Melchior and "Ant-Man 2" actor David Dastmalchian confirmed to join. The latter will play the villain Polka-Dot Man.

As for the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, all five main actors in the series are expected to return. The biggest question at the moment is whether Thor will continue to star, after all, he boarded Star-Lord's spaceship at the end of Avengers 4. Chris Hemsworth may also have included the role of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 in the contract he signed with Marvel in 2017.

In addition, Marvel's independent film "Black Widow" and "Eternals" led by Angelina Jolie will start filming this year; and another film "Shang-Chi" focusing on Asian superheroes has not yet confirmed the cast and is expected to start filming after "Eternals".

<<:  The new stage play of the famous work "Kuroko's Basketball" has begun, and the wonderful live photos are appreciated

>>:  Surpassing "Fast and Furious 8"! "Avengers 4" breaks 3 billion and sets a new record for imported films

Recommend

Dune grossed $76.5 million overseas

As of last Sunday, the sci-fi blockbuster "D...