Jolie once said she would retire from acting after the movie "Maleficent 3" was in production

Jolie once said she would retire from acting after the movie "Maleficent 3" was in production

According to the Wall Street Journal, a third film of Maleficent, the classic fairy tale Sleeping Beauty villain starring Angelina Jolie, is already in production.

The first Maleficent film was released in 2014, and the sequel Maleficent: Mistress of Evil was released in 2019. The films retold the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale from the villain's perspective. The third film was originally announced back in September 2021, but this latest report is the first confirmation since the announcement that it is still in production.

The Wall Street Journal also previously reported that Jolie had hinted that she planned to quit acting. In the interview, she said: "I would not be an actor today." She then said that she planned to eventually leave Los Angeles, where Hollywood is located.

However, she has confirmed that she will return for this film. Apart from Jolie, no other casting information has been revealed. The main actors of the previous two films include Sharlto Copley, Juno Temple, Harris Dickinson, Elle Fanning and Michelle Pfeifer. The director of the third film has not been announced.

Jolie is currently filming Chilean director Pablo Larraín's next film, Maria, a biopic of opera singer Maria Callas written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight. Jolie will also voice Tigress again in Kung Fu Panda 4, due out on March 8, 2024.

<<:  Cillian Murphy still wants to star in Peaky Blinders movie 'if there's more story to tell'

>>:  The official version of "The Burial of Furillian" is playing a joke again: guess the treasure in the QR code treasure chest monster

Recommend

Detailed review and evaluation of the new Girls & Panzer OVA

The appeal and evaluation of the new Girls & ...