HBO's 'House of the Dragon' co-producer quits series

HBO's 'House of the Dragon' co-producer quits series

Despite the fact that House of the Dragon reportedly had the most-watched series premiere of all time on HBO and had already been renewed for a second season, co-creator Miguel Subochnik has decided to exit the show.

According to Hollywood Reporter, Subochnik will no longer be involved with House of the Dragon as he has signed a new premiere development deal with HBO that will give the network priority for any project he begins developing next. Subochnik will continue to serve as executive producer on House of the Dragon alongside newcomer Alan Taylor, who will direct episodes in season two. In a statement about his exit, Subochnik said it was an "honor and privilege" to work on the series and expressed confidence in Alan Taylor's ability to make House of the Dragon an even stronger show.

“I’m extremely proud of what we accomplished in season one and ecstatic with the audience’s enthusiastic response,” Subochnik said. “It was an extremely difficult decision to leave, but I know it’s the right one for me both personally and professionally. However, as I choose to leave, I am deeply relieved to learn that Alan will be joining the series. He is someone I have known and respected for a long time, and I am confident that this precious series is in the safest hands.”

<<:  The new version of the ghost-raising and human-eating nail head is announced and will be launched on October 7

>>:  "Volcano Love" has exceeded one million US dollars in global box office and is the highest-grossing documentary of the year

Recommend

Superman may play Captain John Price in COD movie

Recently, foreign media Giantfreakinrobot broke t...

The appeal and reviews of Tales of Symphonia THE ANIMATION: A must-see for fans

Tales of Symphonia THE ANIMATION - A deep story a...