HBO says "Game of Thrones" spin-offs can't be released just for the sake of being released

HBO says "Game of Thrones" spin-offs can't be released just for the sake of being released

HBO Content Director Casey Bloys recently introduced the new situation of "Game of Thrones" spin-off series "House of the Dragon" and HBO's attitude towards spin-off series.

At the Drama Critics Association of America conference, Bloys first said that "House of the Dragon", which recently announced the participation of four actors again, will begin shooting overseas in April, and the release date has not yet been announced.

Bloys said that there will be other "Game of Thrones" spin-offs in the future. It was reported some time ago that HOB is considering adapting a series based on "The Story of Dunk and Egg" and the idea of ​​an animated version of "Game of Thrones".

Bloys shared his thoughts on why HBO has so many spinoff ideas, and confirmed previous reports of an animated version, but he said it was only in the "very, very early" stage.

"We're talking about other areas that make sense. George R.R. Martin's world is very big and interesting, and not only is it big, there's a lot of roadmaps in that history. What's great about House of the Dragon is that it's a history of introducing people to Game of Thrones, and there are many, many branches. There are so many opportunities and stories to tell."

He said HBO did not impose strict restrictions on "Game of Thrones" on how long they had to finish filming or release it.

"I never want to dictate how long you have to shoot three shows, or how long you have to develop an adult animation, or how much you have to do. It has to be something that is very interesting and very good, and we have writers willing to participate. That's our green light model. I think it has to be done this way. If not, it will really become a show for the sake of showing."

Not all of HBO's Game of Thrones spinoffs have been greenlit, with Naomi Watts' series being axed before it even premiered.

George R.R. Martin's books are also making good progress.

<<:  Parasite director has completed script for new film

>>:  "Godzilla vs. Kong" releases new trailer with new battle scenes

Recommend

Mobile Suit Gundam Requiem: Revenge of the Dragon 2: Unreal Engine 5

Today (December 26), Bandai Namco officially anno...

It's set! IT 2 will be released on September 6, 2019

Today, the official IT tweeted that IT 2 will be ...

"Chinese Paladin 4" TV series new Reuters photos Ju Jingyi is really beautiful

Previously, iQiyi announced that the release date...

Gal Gadot confirmed to return for third Wonder Woman film

Under the leadership of James Gunn and Peter Safr...