Just hours after MCU actor Jonathan Majors was found guilty of harassment and assault, Marvel Studios has quickly cut ties with the black actor. IGN has learned that Marvel is no longer working with Majors. Majors may be the first male star fired by Marvel Deadline first broke the news, and IGN later confirmed the news from a source familiar with the matter. On Monday local time in the United States, a jury found Majors guilty of one count of assault and one count of harassment, both misdemeanors, and he will face one year in prison. It is unclear whether Marvel will continue to recast Kang or abandon the role completely. Variety previously reported that Marvel had considered using Doctor Doom as the villain of the MCU. Since Majors was sentenced and he had a lot of scenes in "Avengers 5: Kang's Dynasty", "Avengers 5" may face a lot of changes. The latest news is that "Avengers 5: Kang's Dynasty" will delete "Kang's Dynasty " and directly be "Avengers 5 " . Majors was found guiltyMajors was arrested on March 25 for strangulation, assault and harassment. After several delays, his trial began on December 4, where his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, testified that he had been abusive throughout the relationship but focused on the March 25 incident. Jabbari said she took his phone after seeing a text message from another woman, and that Majors broke her hand and arm and punched her in the head when he tried to grab the phone from her in the back seat of the SUV. Video evidence shown to the six-person jury also showed Majors and Jabari exiting the car and Majors pushing her back in. While the jury found Majors guilty of two counts of assault and harassment, they also acquitted him of two other charges - third-degree intentional injury and second-degree aggravated assault. Majors has pleaded not guilty to all charges, and his legal team has maintained that Jabari was the attacker. His defense attorney, Priya Chaudhry, said in a statement obtained by IGN on Monday that he "remains confident in the judicial process and looks forward to fully clearing his name." |
<<: "The Flash" was shortlisted for the top five worst movies of the year by Variety
>>: Ted prequel trailer and first poster released
Strange Plus - Strange Plus overview Strange Plus...
The annual Halloween in the West is coming soon. ...
The main story of the classic manga "Dragon ...
A new figure of Tokisaki Kurumi, a super popular ...
The sequel to the action thriller "Blood of ...
As one of Japan's national treasures and cult...
Recently, at the Kaitian Studio's summer new ...
Netflix animation "Ranma 1/2" released ...
Yesterday, HBO announced that the much-anticipate...
Yokohama Specialty Otoko Katayama Gumi - Yokohama...
The classic comedy film "Flirting Scholar&qu...
The first animated series of "League of Lege...
According to foreign media reports, the upcoming ...
Anima Yell! - A story of youthful cheerleading an...
The new animated film "Weathering with You&q...