Report: Oscar-winning director in talks to direct next James Bond film

Report: Oscar-winning director in talks to direct next James Bond film

After "No Time to Die", Daniel Craig ended his career as James Bond, and the 007 film series has fallen silent in recent years.

According to a recent report by British media The Sun, Steve McQueen, the director of "12 Years a Slave" (which won the 86th Academy Awards for Best Picture), may be chosen by the producers of the Bond series to direct the next film.

The report quoted a source as saying: "Steve is one of the best filmmakers in the UK and he has an incredible vision. It is said that the producers of the Bond series wanted to see if Steve would consider participating in the production of one of the films. They received a positive response. If it can be successful, it will be incredible."

McQueen recently directed "The Flash" starring Saoirse Ronan, and there are reports that the casting of the protagonist Bond in the next 007 movie has been "restarted". However, the most popular actors at present range from Aaron Taylor-Johnson to Tom Hardy to Henry Cavill, each with their own characteristics, but nothing has been finalized yet.

<<:  Macaulay Culkin Joins Amazon's Fallout Live-Action Series for Season 2

>>:  The movie "The Legend of 1900" will be re-screened and the final trailer will be released on November 15

Recommend

Latino actor in "John Wick" says he can't get too tan to get a chance to act

John Leguizamo is a Hollywood Latino actor who ha...

"Avengers 4" releases Oscar campaign PR poster aiming for Best Picture

Disney has previously confirmed that the new box ...