90% of "The Battle of Changjin Lake" was shot by Tsui Hark, Chen Kaige and Lin Chaoxian only served as producers

90% of "The Battle of Changjin Lake" was shot by Tsui Hark, Chen Kaige and Lin Chaoxian only served as producers

"The Watergate Bridge at the Changjin Lake" is scheduled to be released on the first day of the Chinese New Year in 2022. Recently, Yu Dong, chairman of the film's producer, Bona Film Group, revealed that 90% of the film's scenes were completed by director Tsui Hark. Therefore, Chen Kaige and Lin Chaoxian took the initiative to propose that "the credit should not be taken away from Tsui Hark", and the two only served as film producers.

At present, "Changjin Lake" ranks first in the box office history of Chinese movies with a total box office of 5.775 billion yuan. "Changjin Lake: Watergate Bridge" is the sequel to "Changjin Lake". It tells the story of the soldiers of the Seventh Interspersed Company who will face a new mission. This time they will go to a more difficult battlefield and accept a more cruel test. This battlefield is the throat of the US military's retreat route at that time - Watergate Bridge. Where the soldiers of the Seventh Company will go, it touches the hearts of the audience.

Chief Producer Huang Jianxin said that "The Watergate Bridge of Changjin Lake" will present many details: "The entire company made great sacrifices just to gain a few seconds of time to blow up the bridge. This is the reality of the war. The story of the film is very touching!"

Yesterday (24th), the film held a New Year press conference. Yu Dong, chairman of Bona Film Group, producer and chief producer of the film, revealed more details, "90% of the Watergate Bridge was completed by director Tsui Hark. He shot the entire battle (of the Watergate Bridge). Chen Kaige and Dante Lam took the initiative to say that we cannot use the director's name, and we cannot steal the credit from director Tsui Hark." Therefore, the two "retired" to the role of producer of the film.

The film's promotional poster has been adjusted. Tsui Hark is the film's director and producer, while Chen Kaige and Dante Lam are only producers. Tsui Hark said, "The volunteer soldiers back then fought with strong emotions and strong will, so I am willing to experience this strong belief in person. The process of making this film is like fighting a battle, and we are all doing our best to win."

<<:  Fans sued Universal Pictures for $5 million after not seeing their idol in the movie

>>:  Dwayne Johnson to star in new movie adapted from game to be announced this year

Recommend

"Super Mario Bros. Movie" released in April released Chinese dubbing trailer

Last month, Nintendo released the first trailer f...

The movie version of "The Flash" will lead the DC movie universe to take off

At DC Fandome on Saturday, director Andy Muschiet...

The fourth season of the TV animation "Kingdom" will be broadcast this spring

The fourth season of the TV animation of the clas...

The appeal and evaluation of "Dragon Drive": A must-read review for anime fans

Dragon Drive - A fascinating story of battle and ...

The appeal and evaluation of "éX-D Exdriver" Clip x Clip

"Exdriver Clip×Clip": The appeal of thi...

Shocking rating and in-depth review of Pupa

Comprehensive evaluation and recommendation of &q...

Dotten Charleston: The appeal and reputation of Minna no Uta

Dotten Charleston: The joy of NHK's animated ...